Re: pkg-config and glib

    Owen> Is rewriting a bunch of code that could just be used
    Owen> cleaner?

    Owen> It _is_ glib independent, it just happens to have a bunch of
    Owen> code in it that looks a lot like GLib.

What is not "so clean" is that the glib functions that are needed
depend on other function which depend on other functions... that the
original program has nothing to do with.

It is like the Perl to C translation which, for a stupid Hello World
style programs gives you a .c file of 55 Kb. Well, I know
automatisation of source writing is not easy to do, but this mean that
perl doesn't really take into account what the actual program really needs.

So, while I agree it may be clean in its core. The extra source needed
make it no so clean. This is not as bad as if the original program was
not clean though.

Wolfgang