Re: GtkMenu and cursor change

List comrades,

I spoke to some of the people here and have come up with a summary as to why the cursor change is bad in this situation.

Pointer changes draw attention. They should only be done to impart information that is worth knowing. Changing the shape
and angle of the cursor because a menu is open imparts no inherent information.
Because the cursor change is not helpful and the change imparts no information, it is bad and distracting.

Changing the cursor in a gratuitous fashion also damages the user illusion of what the cursor is and should therefore only
be done for an imprtant and compelling reason.

It is my strong hope and desire to make GTK a toolkit that a user feels comfortable and relaxed using. I feel that this change
is one way to accomplish that.

Thanks!

Gene