Re: GtkMenu and cursor change

On Friday, February 16, 2001 at 15:44, Gene Z. Ragan wrote:
> List comrades,
>
> I spoke to some of the people here and have come up with a summary as to why the
> cursor change is bad in this situation.
[..]
> It is my strong hope and desire to make GTK a toolkit that a user feels comfortable
> and relaxed using. I feel that this change
> is one way to accomplish that.

I must say that I totally agree... Another problem with X cursors is that you
can't replace them easily (or at all) with your own cursor. (In XFree86 3.3.6
you can change the default arrow cursor, but not the others AFAIK. I might be
wrong...)

I'd like to be able to configure each used cursor in the same way other GTK
options are configured... Speaking about that - I know there was some talk
about user preference options in GTK before. How are user options controlled
in GTK2? Or are there no such options? Is it the themes' responsibility?

Oskar Liljeblad (osk hem passagen se)