Re: Strange CVS Problem

Ollie Lho <ollie sis com tw> writes:

> Havoc Pennington wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Are you using anonymous CVS? The anoncvs.gnome.org address chooses a
> > specific server at random, and they are out of sync or something. You
> > might try setting CVSROOT to an IP address instead of
> > anoncvs.gnome.org.
> >

> Yes, I am using anoncvs.gmome.org
>
> ollie glib 174:cat CVS/Root
> :pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome
>

> > (Use nslookup to get the IP address of some of the specific servers.)
> >

> Which one should I use ?? (most update, authoritive)

They all update periodically so "most up to date" could change. ping
them, see which is closest, pick one, and stick to it.

The problem is switching between them.

(We do have vague plans of fixing things so they that are really
all synced, but that is not going to happen any time too soon.)

> ollie /tmp 342:nslookup anoncvs.gnome.org
> Server:  it05.sis.com.tw
> Address:  172.19.50.100
>
> Non-authoritative answer:
> Name:    anoncvs.gnome.org
> Addresses:  142.92.65.13, 192.58.206.110, 130.239.18.151

There are also names anoncvs1,anoncvs3,anoncvs4.gnome.org that
you can use instead of the IP addresses. (anoncvs2 is down
currently.)