Re: Strange CVS Problem

Ollie Lho wrote:

> Hello
>         I just tried to download the glib/gtk source from gnome CVS server
> directly. I got a strange problem, it seems that the cvs update/status
> does not work correctly. For example, the ChangeLog in glib is currently
> rev. 1.611 on the Bonai web page, but I got this with cvs status
>
> ollie glib 168:cvs status ChangeLog
> File: ChangeLog         Status: Up-to-date
>
>    Working revision:    1.610
>    Repository revision: 1.610   /cvs/gnome/glib/ChangeLog,v
>    Sticky Tag:          (none)
>    Sticky Date:         (none)
>    Sticky Options:      (none)
>
> ollie glib 169:cvs status ChangeLog
> File: ChangeLog         Status: Needs Patch
>
>    Working revision:    1.610
>    Repository revision: 1.601   /cvs/gnome/glib/ChangeLog,v
>    Sticky Tag:          (none)
>    Sticky Date:         (none)
>    Sticky Options:      (none)
>
> ollie glib 170:
>
> The repository revision just keep oscilating between 1.610 and 1.601
> but never goto 1.611. An cvs update gives me OLD revision too !!!
> What's wrong ??
>
> Ollie

My CVS version:

ollie glib 173:cvs -v

Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11 (client/server)

Copyright (c) 1989-2000 Brian Berliner, david d `zoo' zuhn,
                        Jeff Polk, and other authors

CVS may be copied only under the terms of the GNU General Public License,
a copy of which can be found with the CVS distribution kit.

Specify the --help option for further information about CVS

Ollie