Re: Setting the clip mask in GdkGC

Jeff Franks <jcf tpg com au> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question. The 1.3.x documentation says calling
> gdk_gc_set_clip_rectangle or gdk_gc_set_clip_region sets the clip mask
> for a graphics context relative to the clip origin. This implies to me
> that if the clip origin is not (0, 0) it remains unchanged. When you
> call these functions the clip origin is reset to (0, 0) because of the
> following two lines at the end of the function bodies:
>
> 	gc->clip_x_origin = 0;
> 	gc->clip_y_origin = 0;
>
> Is this correct?

The docs are wrong. set_clip_region() and set_clip_rect() have
always reset the clip origin to 0,0,

In investigating this, I discovered:

 - Great bunches of GDK docs were removed frmo CVS due to some accidental
   commits of things that shouldn't have been commited
   a few months ago.

 - The 1.3 docs on developer.gnome.org not currently updating properly, or
   they wouldn't have any docs at all.

Could you submit a bug about the wrong documentation for these
functions, so that we remember to fix it after we fix the removed
documentation? [ to bugzilla.gnome.org ]

Thanks,