Re: X 4 on Redhat 6.x

I downloaded the SRPMs from redhat (actually freshmeat) for XFree86 4.0.2
and then rebuilt them on 6.2.  Worked like a charm, although I had to
upgrade some other dependencies (again rebuilding the rh7.0 srpms).

If you wish to download them, I can post them on an anonymous ftp server
eventually.

As a side note, I actually have managed to rebuild almost 2/3 of the rpms
(from srpm) that ship with rh7 for rh6.2.  In effect I have all the
advantages of 7.0 with out the crap of dealing with the compiler, glib,
etc.  I'll be needing to upgrade to glib 2.2 eventually.  I'll probably
build it to coexist with the older glib rpm, to provide compatibility.
But I'm not going to put th rh7 compiler on.

E-mail me off list for more details on what rpms I've built.

Michael