Re: anti-aliasing on gtk 1.2.10 using an ipaq or yopy screen

Michael L Torrie <torriem cs byu edu> writes:
> I know everyone's working hard on gtk 2.0, but I was wondering if any
> progress was made on the patching of gtk 1.2.10 to do aa fonts.

There have been 3 or 4 people who've written such patches. They are
all broken in various ways though (break bin compat, or don't work
with i18n, or whatever), so haven't gone into the main sources.

> anyway, if anyone knows of any development on this patch, let me know.  Is
> xrender stuff built into gtk 1.3(2.0)?  If so, I may consider beginning
> using it.

Yes, the devel version has had Xft support for a while. You have to
set the GDK_USE_XFT environment variable to turn it on.

Havoc