Re: Theming for outline expanders for GtkTreeView

on 4/20/01 11:12 AM, Havoc Pennington at hp redhat com wrote:

> I think the #1 thing the Nautilus team could do at this point is to
> rewrite the tree mode with GtkTreeView, and make all changes you need
> to GtkTreeView (both with respect to this theming/appearance stuff and
> also API/functionality-wise). This would give us a good torture test
> for the widget and ensure you can use the stock functionality in the
> future.

I guess we'll do this when it's time to convert Nautilus to GNOME 2. But
there's no good way to do this right now is there? I thought this was the
topic at GUADEC when we decided to not convert applications until after
libraries were done.

Or maybe there is the GNOME 1 GtkTreeView that we should convert to? Maybe I
just missed that. I guess we could convert the tree view and help view to
use GtkTreeView as a "getting started on GNOME 2" exercise using the GNOME 1
version.

> [lecture about using stock functionality]

If the stock stuff is good enough, we'll use it!

    -- Darin