Re: what value of $LANG is required for gtk-2.0?

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Vlad Harchev wrote:

>  That's not enough.
>  As I said, various locale categories should be properly set in order for
> functions returning strings that depend on the locale to work properly (e.g.
> strftime).

Yep.  And for example, GtkCalendar converts these manually.

Maybe we want a  g_strftime() that does such a conversion automatically?

(There really aren't so many functions here to be worried about, and the
 benefit of still being able to work in a non-UTF-8 locale is well worth
 it)

--
Robert Brady
robert suse co uk