Re: GTK emebedded

Let's not get too off-base here.  They have said that they comply with the
LGPL as it relates to changes to GTK+, and stated how they are complying.

I'm still curious why they felt "clean room" techniques were necessary
to reimplement a proprietary GDK, since the LGPL would clearly allow them
to link it with their proprietary server anyway.  But since we a superior
method of doing this kind of thing is already in v1.3, it probably doesn't
matter very much.

On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 09:16:58PM +0200, Stefan Skoglund wrote:
> Wolfgang Sourdeau wrote:
> > Probably he was using the word "proprietary" to mean "in-house". When
> > reading the following, one can see that his companys actually does
> > respect the (L)GPL requirements since those licenses only covers
> > redistribution.
> Addition to my post:
> his customers should be in their right to redistristribute, add
> features,
> fix bugs, add bugs ie they have the same right as he depended on when
> they did their changes to Gtk.
> The server and their proprietary gdk library must be LGPL if
> they are to conform to the Gtk license.
Shawn T. Amundson                       amundson eventloop com
Research and Development
EventLoop, Inc.

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking