Re: glib outstanding stuff

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 11:38:30AM +0200, Jonas Bulow wrote:
> Joel Becker wrote:
> >
> >         readline() fails utterly on a file that isn't line oriented.
> > mmap() changes the file contents.
> >         Say I have a non-huge data file.  I want to do operations on the
> > data and get a munged result.  I don't want to affect the actual file
> > contents, so mmap() is out.
> How about using MAP_PRIVATE and/or PROT_READ in the mmap call? Is that
> not portable?

mmap() doesn't exist on BeOS, and there really is no equivalent.  So no,
it's not portable.

Shawn T. Amundson                       amundson eventloop com
Research and Development
EventLoop, Inc.

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking