Re: glib outstanding stuff

Trog <trog gtk org> writes:
> Whats the justification for having this function?

Every nice language has such a thing. (Python, Perl, etc.) We are
trying to make C nice.

> It strikes me as a convenience function for lazy programmers who
> can't be bothered to do things properly.

It's a perfectly reasonable way to do things in many cases. The only
disadvantage is that if you have a huge file, it would be better to
stream it in and never have it all in memory; but some files are only
going to be huge if things are broken, so as long as we handle
out-of-memory with a nice error it should be fine.

Havoc