Re: Gnome/Gtk and thread safety

> Hi, gtk+ and Gnome libraries are generally not thread safe.  Support for
> multithreaded programs (GUI calls can be in different threads) is almost
> an absolute requirement for a modern software framework.

Really? I have yet to see a situation where multithreading is truly
necessary in a GUI application. It is easy to assume one needs threads when
safer alternatives would suffice. What specific uses do you envision for a
threaded GUI framework?

I'm planning to put together a short paper on this topic in the near future;
I'll let you know when it's ready...

Dan