Re: deprecation policy

On  6 Oct, John Kodis wrote:

> If a widget works but isn't widely used, it would be better to move it
> to one of the "extra widgets" libraries (GtkExtras, Gnumeric's GAL, or
> elsewhere) instead of dropping it.  After all, at some point in the
> future I may have an urgent need for a gamma curve widget.

 I think the GammaCurve widget is in the GTK+ (GIMP ToolKit) because
 GIMP needs it. I don't think many other applications have a use for it
 but if that's a concern we could make the widget available as an external
 one. In general it's better to remove much spezialised widgets from the Gtk
 libraries and move them either directly into the application or into another
 external library providing convenience gadgets (GAL comes to mind here).

--

Servus,
       Daniel