Re: deprecation policy

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 11:29:20PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

>    Proposal: call this level of deprecation OVERSPECIALIZED and
>    is treated the same as BROKEN.
>     - immediately remove widgets from API docs
>     - in the first stable release after deprecation, they are
>       removed from the headers unless GTK_ENABLE_OVERSPECIALIZED
>       is defined
>     - in the second stable release after deprecation, the code
>       is removed entirely

If a widget works but isn't widely used, it would be better to move it
to one of the "extra widgets" libraries (GtkExtras, Gnumeric's GAL, or
elsewhere) instead of dropping it.  After all, at some point in the
future I may have an urgent need for a gamma curve widget.

Nice writeup aside from that one detail.

-- John Kodis.