Re: glib outstanding stuff

Sebastian Wilhelmi <wilhelmi ira uka de> writes:
> Would't it make more sense to check for all flags to be true, something like:

Honestly with this set of 4 tests I think it doesn't make sense to
have a bitfield at all; it should just be an enum.

When I had a longer list of tests, some of them made sense both ways.
For example, you want to require both tests to be true for "EXISTS |
SETGID". But then there are tests where you want either to be true:
"ISFIFO | ISSOCKET" or something.

The ones where you want both to be true are almost always EXISTS |
FOO. But FOO implies exists anyway. So that doesn't seem so useful.

So with these semantics I'm planning to support something like ISFIFO
| ISSYMLINK. What do you think?

Havoc