gobject memory usage tracking

A few days ago some cosmic radiation hit one of my two braincells and i
came up with an idea. I have no idea if it is implementable, but i thought
i would ask.

Since gobject have pretty good knowledge of the types of objects, would it
be possible to somehow keep track of the amount of objects of different
types? This would be great in locating runtime memory bloat.

If you could dump a profile of all currently used types and how much
memory is allocated to them this would be great. It would probably have to
be some compiletime define in gobject.

Tim, is this possible?

/ Alex