Re: proposal: handle middle/right clicks on arrows of scrollbarsdifferently

On Sun, 12 Nov 2000, Valdis Kletnieks wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Nov 2000 13:48:24 EST, Owen Taylor said:
>> I have just committed a change that makes the scrollbar arrows work
>> like those on a spinbutton:
>>
>>  button-2 - move by pages
>>  button-3 - move to end
>
> Is there any easy way to make this configurable to be xterm-ish, i.e.
>
> Button-1 move UP/LEFT by ratio of where you are in the scrollbar (near
> one end, move 1/20th of a "page", near other move 19/20th, in middle move
> 1/2 page)
>
> Button-2 move HERE.
>
> Button-3 As button-1, but DOWN/LEFT
>
> You get the idea - some of use have been using xterm-ish scrolling for
> over a decade and the fingers are trained. ;)

Some of us have used xterm-ish scrolling for almost a decade and never
stopped disliking it.  Is that something that happens in the tenth year? :)

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg