Re: pkgconfig

On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 05:09:38PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> We may need compatibility with GNOME_LIBCONFIG_PATH and *Conf.sh in
> order to move stuff over. Does that sound feasible?

Ok, new version, which tries if calling gnome-config helps when it
doesn't find a .pc file for a module. I put the gnome-config calling
stuff in a module, so other things that might want to be backwards
compatible can hook in as well if needed.

Also added functionality to query for extra variables a .pc file
defines, so you can put in things like ORBIT_IDL and IDL_PATH in
sanely.

I think it's mostly done now, so I put it on sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pkgconfig

Martijn