Re: pkgconfig

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Martijn van Beers wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 05:09:38PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > We may need compatibility with GNOME_LIBCONFIG_PATH and *Conf.sh in
> > order to move stuff over. Does that sound feasible?
>
> Ok, new version, which tries if calling gnome-config helps when it
> doesn't find a .pc file for a module. I put the gnome-config calling
> stuff in a module, so other things that might want to be backwards
> compatible can hook in as well if needed.
>
> Also added functionality to query for extra variables a .pc file
> defines, so you can put in things like ORBIT_IDL and IDL_PATH in
> sanely.
>
> I think it's mostly done now, so I put it on sourceforge:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pkgconfig

This looks pretty good.  We should try to get people with a few different
platforms could try the script to make sure it works.  With my initial
version, I checked it with both bash and ash, so I don't think it had any
GNU dependencies but it would be a good idea to make sure it works.

It would be great if this script gets use outside of gnome/gtk as well as
for our own projects.

> Martijn

James.

--