animations with gdk-pixbuf

I am going to add multi-page support for the tiff loader.
I am wondering however if we shouldn't add support for on-demand loading
of frames for the same reasons I would like to have bitmap support.

I think the only application of multi-page tiff are fax files. (although there
may be others, I am not sure). If a typical fax page has 1700x2100 pixels and
you receive a fax of 25 pages, your computer has to at least
1700x2100x25=89250000 bytes of free memory in the only current 8bit/pixel model.
Even if modern computers often have 128Mb of RAM, this is unacceptable for
a bitmap application to be so hungry...

A chicken is an egg's way of producing more eggs.