Re: none

Tim Janik <timj gtk org> writes:
> what? how's GtkObject deprecated?

It has exactly one feature not found in GObject, which is the
"destroy" signal. Our claim is that "destroy" is only useful for GUI
objects, so "destroy" should really be in GtkWidget. So GtkObject is
just legacy cruft.

Granted, it's legacy cruft we are never going to remove, since it
would be too painful. But newly-written user code should only be using
GtkObject for the "destroy" signal, and never using it otherwise. So
GtkObject is deprecated (i.e. not recommended that you use it), though
not deprecated in the sense that we are going to remove it.

You should never type a function that begins gtk_object_ anymore and
you should never use the GTK_OBJECT() cast, because in all cases you
should be using GObject or GtkWidget. The only legit way to use
GtkObject is too connect to "destroy".

Havoc