Re: Plans for 1.3/1.4

On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 09:28:19AM +0100, Preben Randhol wrote:
> Havoc Pennington <hp@Mcs.Net> writes:
>
> | Given the current Gtk/Gnome division of labor I think this is bad. It
> | would be better to have a way to set and get the history, then let
> | applications do that. GnomeFileSelection (which would be a subclass of
> | GtkFileSelection) could do the dotfile thing since a dotfile library is
> | available.

Hmm.. it's unfortunate that it is this way.  The problem being that then
gnome gets automagic bookmarks etc, while people using only gtk have to
implement it on a per application basis.

This creates the possibility of having bookmarks (as an example) implemented
in different ways in different applications, and in an inconsistent way (for
the user).

I don't really know what the correct solution is, but I'd like to see
something consistent.

I personally think gnome should be using gmc for the file selection (via
CORBA) but that's another thing all together ;-)

Ian