Re: Porting gdk to curses

> Porting gdk to curses is the hard one. Even here, I've got something
> working, but I still can not see how hard task is going to be. (I'm in
> state where testgtk's main screen somehow prints, with few buttons
> over each other and with arrow keys moving right - if you only touch
> visible parts).

Exactly.  The problem is that GDK is a layer on top of an existing
windowing system.  So you will need to provide this windowing system.

I do want people to work on a frame-buffer port of Gdk (thus making a
port to ggi or whatever very simple), and this port also shares the
need for a very primitive windowing system.

So work on a common thin windowing system would be a good place to
start.

Miguel.