Re: Plans for 1.3/1.4

Owen Taylor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to get things rolling with planning for the
> 1.3 development series of GTK+ and 1.4.
>
> The hope is that the only source-incompatible
> changes that get made at all for 1.4 would be related to
> 1) and 2). In general we want to strive for a high
> degree of backwards compatibility in 1.4.
>
> It would be nice to have detailed written propsals for
> the planned changes written up in the next couple
> of weeks. I'm going to try to do this for 1) and 2)
> over the next week while I'm at LinuxWorld. (I expect
> to have the opportunity to discuss things with the
> some of the other developers at that conference).
>
> If you have other plans for significant or even
> non-significant changes you want to make for
> GTK+-1.4, this would be a very good time to speak
> up. (Wishlists from people who don't intend to write
> code will mostly, though not completely, ignored)
>
> Regards,
>                                         Owen
>
> --

I wanted to change the clist selection from changing on mouse button
presses
to changing on mouse button releases. This would allow you to cancel the
change if a drag was detected.

Right now  to do multiple selections in the clist as the source for a
drag
the user has to make sure to drag after selecting the last item before
releasing the shift or control and to be sure and release the shift or
control before entering the drop zone.

I had wanted to have looked at this by now, but I have been too busy
with application code.

Todd.
Todd & Lisa Dukes
tjdukes@flash.net