Re: Good OO Bindings for Gtk+

otaylor@redhat.com wrote:
> I could image some day having a registry of GTK+ widgets
> so that you could install a .so in a standard directory,
> run
>
>  $ gtk-registry-update
>
> And then programs could just query the complete list
> of available widgets and instantiate them completely
> dynamically. Of course, that isn't all that interesting
> right now, since you can't actually query object
> methods...

I find it interesting!

We do need something like this for widgets & Args, so GUI
builders can use libraries of widgets.

I think we should define a widget library initialization/query
function, e.g.

   GtkType* gtk_widget_library_query (void);

which returns a NULL-terminated array of widget types (after
initializing them first, if necessary).

Damon