Re: [gtk-list] Re: theme support

Could gtkrc's be loaded from lots of places and effectively merged? We
have 300 machines on this site and I don't fancy putting rc files on each
of their local disks. There needs to be a user rc file, a site-wide file
and a system-specific file as well. The site file should be loaded first,
then the user file and finally the system file. If there was some way a
user could switch his rc file based on $HOST then that would be nice too.

A mechanism for #including rc files and silently ignoring the command
when the file doesn't exist would do the trick. If the preprocessor could
expand environment variables then we could do anything. (Only a few
more facilities and we've got a working shell. :-)

Ian