Re: [gtk-list] Re: theme support

Shawn T . Amundson wrote:

> We really should have a default gtkrc read in, so I propose we
> add in a new function which can be used before gtk_init:
>
> void gtk_rc_set_default_files (gchar **files, guint nfiles);
>
> Which is a list of files to parse when gtk_init is run.  Setting
> this to NULL,0 would disable all parsing in gtk_init.

Is nfiles needed?  A null-terminated array could be employed,
as you find in several GNOME (and gtk?) functions.

> The default for this list would be ~/.gtkrc and /prefix/share/gtkrc,
> so apps which ignore this will still do good behavior.

If it's a system-specific config file, it should go into $sysconfdir,
which usually equates to /etc, /usr/etc, or /usr/local/etc.

And IMHO, saying that gtkrc is _not_ a system-specific config file in
all cases is incorrect.

	Jeff