Wayland Window Positioning

With respect to window positioning in Wayland, I was wondering if mutter
supports a Wayland extension to position windows similar to what
PlasmaShell does. Keep in mind I'm not very familiar with Wayland, however
looking at the Wayland protocol definition for PlasmaShell it looks like
they have this here:

https://github.com/KDE/kwayland/blob/master/src/client/protocols/plasma-shell.xml#L170

Looking at the similar file for gtk-shell I don't see anything similar:

https://github.com/GNOME/mutter/blob/master/src/wayland/protocol/gtk-shell.xml

I have a lot of people asking me for Wayland support of quake mode in Tilix
where the terminal emulator sticks at the top or bottom of the screen.
Without being able to explicitly position the window this isn't possible.
Someone pointed me to Yuakake which seems to do it by integrating with the
PlasmaShell Wayland extension from what I can tell.

Thanks,

Gerald