Re: How to make text in rendered PDF pages selectable?

On Mon, 2018-11-19 at 16:39 +0100, Радомир Хаџић via gtk-app-devel-list
wrote:
Hello.

I'm using Poppler to render PDF page onto GtkDrawingArea surface.
Everything renders correctly so far, but I can't figure out how to
make text selectable. For example, a user may wish to select some
text
using mouse with the intention of copying it, or when user searches a
document for a string it would be practical to make that text stand
out by selecting it.

All I'm asking for is some guidance and/or brief explanation how am I
supposed to achieve that, since I cannot find anything online or in
the documentation.

You might want to check poppler-glib-demo, and its source code. In
particular, selections.c which is done with GtkDrawingArea.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/tree/master/glib/demo

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño,
http://calcifer.org/