Drawing on GtkTextView with cairo

Since I am developing a really, really huge GTK+ program I am getting
through a lot of challenges.
I nearly finished my program, but now I am spending a lot of time figuring
out something, running out of time so I decided to ask the experts here.

I have a "draw" signal connected after default handlers, on a gtk text
view.
However this gtk text view has a left gutter, from gtksourceview.
I draw content on the text view, and take the scrolling into
consideration.
The vertical scrolling is fine.
However when I scroll horizontally the content to be drawn is also getting
drawn on top of the gutter.
There must be solution to this issue, because the text obviously isn't
being drawn on the gutter.
I am very curious how can I do that too?
The gutter seems to be a GdkWindow part of the text view per se.

Mail.BG: Безплатен e-mail адрес. Най-добрите характеристики на българския пазар - 30 GB пощенска кутия, 1 GB
прикрепен файл, безплатен POP3, мобилна версия и други. http://mail.bg