Re: Reduce the size of a GtkScale indicator

On Thu, 2018-03-29 at 18:02 +0200, Bas Wassink wrote:
Any hints?

https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/chap-css-overview.html

grep -A100 GtkScale ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk-default.css

Well, I do provide a colored label example at

https://github.com/StefanSalewski/gintro

Starting from that one, it is easy to get a really big slider:

import gintro/[gtk, glib, gobject, gio]

proc appActivate(app: Application) =
  let window = newApplicationWindow(app)
  let scale = newScaleWithRange(Orientation.horizontal, 0.0, 100.0, 10.0)
  let cssProvider = newCssProvider()
  let data = "scale slider {min-width: 32pt; min-height: 32pt;}"
  discard cssProvider.loadFromData(data)
  let styleContext = scale.getStyleContext
  assert styleContext != nil
  addProvider(styleContext, cssProvider, STYLE_PROVIDER_PRIORITY_USER)
  window.add(scale)
  showAll(window)

proc main =
  let app = newApplication("org.gtk.example")
  connect(app, "activate", appActivate)
  discard run(app)

main()

Yes, I know you want a tiny one. But setting nim-width, min-height to
small values does not decrease size, which is not really surprising, as
 that are min and max values. So we have to search for other properties
-- maybe Mr Bassi or Mr Bader will tell us.