Re: Can you specify the No. of chars before SourceView Completion window is displayed?

On 07/28/2018 08:12 AM, John Coppens wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jul 2018 03:35:02 -0500
"David C. Rankin" <drankinatty suddenlinkmail com> wrote:

All,

  I have implemented word completion with GtkSourceView, but I cannot
find a simple way to prevent the provider and proposals from popping
up until 3 (or more) characters are typed? Is there an easier way to
adjust this rather than counting chars with an iter from every
begins_word and blocking the display of the completion window until
the desired number of characters have been typed?

David, is 'set_minimum_key_length' what you are looking for?

John

John,

  That sounds *exactly* like what I am looking for, but I can't find it.
Currently the completion is triggered after 2-characters are type. That is way
way too over-inclusive and results in the GList of proposals being way larger
than need be. I've been through every property and grepped the source with

 $ grep -r 'set_minimum_key_length' gtksourceview/*

and I can't find any reference to it that would provide an interface to it. Is
this new in gtksourceview4? I have grepped the source for versions 2.11 and
3.23 and nothing turns up.

  Also, (as a bonus question :) how do I hide the priority column in the
completion window and nuke the titlebar and statusbar with the "Details/All"
links?

see: screen shot of completion window: http://paste.opensuse.org/94232695
(link good for 6 days)

  For example, I don't want to display the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.., priority
column, I just want the words displayed in a small tight window. I don't want
to have the titlebar or the footer with the links to the extra "info" for this
provider (there never will be any, they are just words from the document).

  What I'm trying to achieve is a normal completion window, e.g.

    http://paste.opensuse.org/48387224

  Is there any way to achieve something like that other than capturing the
"show" signal (which would already have displayed the window) and attempting
to hide the titlebar and statusbar of the completion popup? The
"CompletionInfo" window has a "before-show" signal, but there is nothing
similar for the actual completion window?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.