Re: GTK3 Glade and rendering in Windows/Linux]

On 01/31/2017 05:54 AM, Happy wrote:

Thanks for the note. Hope the following links work. As you can see the
windows are much different in size as well as the spacing.

Ubuntu:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxjwKUaYdW_zYnUydWExX2NNdE0/view?usp=s
haring

Windows:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxjwKUaYdW_zeFhZdFYtelViUGM/view?usp=s
haring

Glade.glade file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxjwKUaYdW_zYWY4UnZweDhRbGc/view?usp=s
haring

Thanks

The differences are due to different themes used.  If you used the same
theme between Windows and Linux, the output should look near identical.
But if you want it to look somewhat native on Windows, stick with the
default Windows-ish theme there.  The Windows UI look and feel has
gotten rather big and spaced out in recent years, so maybe the theme is
just reflecting this.  Does your GTK+ GUI look very different than
native Win32 apps?

There's no reason I can think of to expect or want things to look pixel
per pixel identical between different operating systems and desktop
environments, though like I said you can do that by manually picking the
same theme as you use on the other platform.  GTK's layouts are flexible
and can adapt and adjust to many different sizes and spacings.

Just a note that your Windows example appears to be scaled by Windows
because of the UI DPI setting; you can turn that off by right-clicking
on the executable and going to properties, compatibility and disabling
the scaling option.