Re: GtkPrintOperation; request for assistance

On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 18:55:39 +0100
Norbert de Jonge <mail norbertdejonge nl> wrote:
[snip]
I'm a fan of GTK+ and have always been a fan. The printing
functionalities are extremely versatile. But it's difficult for me to
understand why there is no function that requires only a buffer (of
any size), font type and font size as parameters, then presents the
user with a print dialog. As a programmer, I don't want to think about
margins, pages, cairo, pango, and so on. I also feel sorry for all
other programmers who suddenly need to write begin_print() and
draw_page() functions just to print a buffer. I feel like there's room
for improvement here. :)

If you happen to use C++, this will do what you want I think:

http://cxx-gtk-utils.sourceforge.net/2.2/classCgu_1_1TextPrintManager.html

Chris