Re: GtkPrintOperation; request for assistance

I didn't get to the paper size setup there. Just tried to make sense out of getting text to print on multiple
pages as simply as possible. I don't have a printer that I can test with either so I am no help there.

Printing is difficult. You can draw easy enough on a drawing area but then to fit a big drawing with text
onto multiple pages of different sizes is tough. I have spent a number of hours trying to figure that sort of
thing out myself and still don't have the best way to do it. All the tools are there with cairo, pango along
with lots of string functions. Getting everything measured and placed correctly is not so easy.

It would be useful to be able to just put text into a layout automatically from a text buffer for multiple
pages. Emmanuele's code looks like he has it all setup to do that but I think you might have to make a change
or two in the GdictPrintData struct and code depending on where the text is coming from. He also uses a
struct to hold printing info so you don't have to calculate it more than once like I did. A better way to go
about it.

Yes, I think there is room for improvement in printing.

Eric