Re: What does "Pango-CRITICAL **: pango_layout_get_cursor_pos: assertion 'index >= 0 && index <= layout->length' failed" mean?

It did not solve the Problem, [...]

Before I e-mailed my response I locally created a program that included
the function your posted. Double clicking the bottom field threw the
error you mentioned. After modifying the code as I described in my
remained; I solved your problem.

If I did not solve your problem and you're under the impression that I
gave you a "wrong answer", then either your question wasn't clear
enough or you did not include the code that actually caused the issue
you ran into.

I suggest that, next time you ask for help, you include a complete
working example program that reproduces the problematic behavior. This
prevents other people from having to do this work and getting back to
you with a solution that is valid but still insufficient.

Thanks.

Sure.

Best regards,
Norbert