customizing completion of GtkComboBoxText?

Hello list,

How can I customize the completion of a GtkComboBoxText with both a
"static" aspect and a "dynamic" one? The static aspect is because some
entries are known and added to the combo-box-text at construction time
with gtk_combo_box_text_append_text. The dynamic aspect is because I
also need to complete thru some callback function(s), that is to
complete dynamically -after creation of the GtkComboBoxText widget-
once several characters has been typed. My application uses Boehm's GC
(except for Gtk objects of course) like Guile or SCM or Bigloo are
doing. It can be seen as an experimental persistent dynamic-typed
programming language implementation with an integrated editor coded on
Debian/Linux/x86-64 with the system GTK3.21 library, and is compiled
with GCC6.

####

More details and context (and some code, including a link on github to
my GPLv3 software https://github.com/bstarynk/melt-monitor-2015/commit/
e2b3b99ef663947201df7b389a02230c6b82dcf6) about my question are
available on StackOverflow
at http://stackoverflow.com/q/39366248/841108

Regards

--
Basile Starynkevitch (Bourg La Reine, near Paris, France)
basile at starynkevitch dot net