Re: The Big Gtk limitations: a reliable GUI builder

I can confirm both these bugs ( crash copying the treeview, margins
not rendered under altering properties ) under Linux. Actually the top
and bottom margins are rendered immediately, but the left and right
margins need you to alter them before they're rendered correctly.
Sounds like a pretty simple fix for this one. No idea why the treeview
is crashing for you - you've possibly gotten the XML file into an
invalid state that Glade doesn't like. Anyway, you should enter these
in bugzilla :)

I don't drag + drop either - I just cut/copy/paste things around.

Re: the treeview being rendered with 0 space ... you can set it to
'expand' and it should take up some space ... either that or set a
minimum width.

My normal workflow is to lay things out *roughly* in glade, then
actually run the app and see what it looks like. This is partly
because I'm writing database apps and generating lots of content based
on dynamic data. It really doesn't take long to switch back to glade,
tweak things, then re-open the app ( or window ) and see the results.

Dan