Threading issue with pixbuf loading

Hi,

I'm currently investigating on why an application that loads pixbufs in
worker threads hangs in gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file_at_size when ran under
valgrind (memcheck and drd).

To achieve this, i wrote a small test programm, that mimics how my app
works (see attached file, it needs an 'orig.jpeg' in cwd).

While the test programm does not hang, i see conflicting stores reported
by valgrind(drd).

Is pixbuf loading safe to use in mt apps (with only one thread accessing
a given pixbuf at a time)? Did i do something wrong?

Regards.