Re: gtk_dialog_get_action_area() deprecation

On Sat, 2016-12-31 at 15:44 +0000, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
Hi;

Deprecations will only impact you if you want to update the code base
to the next major API bump.

Yes, it is to be ready for GTK4 that I am working on these.

 Since you don't have or want to commit resources to do so,

I am committing my meagre resources to this. I have just got to this
one:

gtk_widget_reparent() is deprecated.

Following the suggestion it seems this can be avoided with this:

#define gtk_widget_reparent(w,p)
(g_object_ref(G_OBJECT(w)),gtk_container_remove(GTK_CONTAINER(gtk_widget_get_parent(w)),
w),gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(p), w),g_object_unref(G_OBJECT(w)))

I think it would make developers of applications feel happier if some
indication was given as to why something was deprecated so as to guide
them in re-working the code. (I'm assuming there's some reason that this
macro is not simply put into a header).

Richard