Re: gtk_dialog_get_action_area() deprecation

Hi;

Deprecations will only impact you if you want to update the code base to
the next major API bump. Since you don't have or want to commit resources
to do so, you can keep using the deprecated API in the same major API
version. If you want to avoid deprecation warnings, you can use the various
approaches GTK provides for that:

 - disable deprecation warnings using GDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS
defined before importing gtk.h
 - GDK_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED and GDK_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED defined before
importing gtk.h
 - G_GNUC_BEGIN_IGNORE_DEPRECATION and G_GNUC_END_IGNORE_DEPRECATION to
mark sections of the code with calls to deprecated API

Deprecated API is generally guaranteed to work between minor releases of
the same API version, unless it calls into other deprecated functionality.

Walking the widget hierarchy created internally by a widget, on the other
hand, is never guaranteed to work, even between minor or micro releases.

tl;dr - keep using the deprecated API unless you can commit yourself to
rework your code to keep up with different major API versions.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.