Re: Why GTK+ ignore, that someone want's to create own widget ?!

Hi,

yeah, but what can i do, when i need to draw, yes really draw (mind
maps) my own widgets. I don't need to gtk_render_frame, because, i need
to draw all node on map with it's special attributes like size, color
etc. And yes, I do that with cairo.

GtkStyle is deprecated, get_border_color from GtkStyleContext is
deprecated, when i need to create GtkEntry with the same style (color,
size, font) as mind map branch / node, I need to create new css string,
which i must use for it.

Last time, GTK+ developer ignore, that this gui is not use only for
simple applications with forms.

Why GtkStatusIcon is deprecated, there are application, which don't
need Notifications but StatusIcon, like KeyBase, ownCloud client,
RedShift etc. When someone need to simple change network setting, he
really don't need Notification too!

There is fine and nice new dbus based Actions, but all classes for new
widgets like GtkActionHelper is private, and developers, which needs to
create new widgets don't have them.

I'm sad from this approach :-(

At this moment, it looks, that when i still want to use GTK+, I must
fork more and more internal code, and doing duplicity for that. Why ?

Ondra

V Tue, 13 Dec 2016 07:39:38 +0100
Joël Krähemann <jkraehemann gmail com> napsáno:

Hi

I think all gtk drawing primitives are deprecated. You should use
cairo instead.

bests,
Joël

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 7:37 AM, Joël Krähemann