Re: Ideas of new widgets and critics, only for enhance gtk+.

You can create your own widgets to look and work like you want with GTK+. There is a good example on the
gtkmm tutorial which is worth looking at if you are interested in doing this. It also shows a little on how
you can use CSS to set some properties on your new widget.

https://developer.gnome.org/gtkmm-tutorial/stable/sec-custom-widgets.html.en

Even if C++ isn't your thing the gtkmm tutorial is worth taking a look at. A lot more examples there compared
to the GTK+ C tutorial and they go over a few things before they spring the trivial app on you.

I like C and have been testing out some switches derived from a GTK drawing area. Sort of some car things
like a rocker "toggle" switch, circuit breaker switch and gauges. They are with a few simple test programs to
see how they work.

https://github.com/cecashon/OrderedSetVelociRaptor/tree/master/Misc

The gtkmm tutorial with the penrose triangle I rewrote in C so that I can get an understanding of how the CSS
works. It is simpler than the gtkmm tutorial since deriving from a drawing area is a little easier than from
a widget.

Give making a widget a try. That way you can create what you want and be able to use the whole GTK+ framework
to build the kind of program you might be thinking about.

Eric