GtkComboBox signals

I'm trying to work out a seemingly trivial use case with combo box with an entry. I want to receive signal only in two cases:

 1. When user types something into the entry and then presses Enter key.
 2. When user selects something from the combo box with a mouse.

The first one is simple, it's the "activate" signal on the entry but the second one with "changed" signal on the combobox isn't because the signal is emitted also when typing into the entry. It effectively becomes impossible to determine whether item was typed in or selected from the list. And if user typed it in I only want the signal when Enter key was pressed. But if user clicked on the item with a mouse I want the signal.

If only combobox would emit the "activate" signal for the entry when item is selected from the list.

Any way to get this working?

        Pekka