Re: gtk3 toplevel windows incorrectly maximized under gnome3

Hi;

On Friday, 6 March 2015, Roger Davis <rbd soest hawaii edu> wrote:

I finally ran this down. The mutter window manager does indeed by default
auto-maximize any newly mapped window larger than 0.8 of the 'usable screen
area'. I think the latter means the space between gnome-shell's upper and
lower toolbars, as I could never get anything more than about 0.75 of the
total X11 display area.

I still can't absolutely confirm that I'm actually running mutter because
it does not appear in my system process list, and wmctrl says my WM is
'GNOME Shell'.

GNOME Shell *is* Mutter. The shell uses libmutter which provides the whole
windowing system logic as well as the interface with the rest of the
windowing system (both input and output). Mutter is just a simple binary
that uses libmutter internally in the same way the Shell does but without
all the logic and UI provided by the Shell.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
https://www.bassi.io