Re: GTK+ accessibility

Hi;

On 16 July 2015 at 17:49, Bryan Gardiner <bog khumba net> wrote:

This is largely something that only Windows does — I cannot reproduce
it on my Linux machine with any toolkit (GTK2, GTK3, Qt, or the ad hoc
toolkits used by Firefox and LibreOffice).

Just a note, the default Qt widget style on Linux does have this behaviour

I just tested with VLC (which is the only Qt app I have installed at
the moment) and it didn't happen. I had to press Alt + M to highlight
the Media menu. If I pressed Alt only, I didn't get any focus hint on
the menu bar

(and so does Firefox *if* the menu bar is hidden by default).

That's pretty much ad hoc behaviour because otherwise there's no way
to access the menu — I also find it extremely irritating because it
makes the content area jump around, though that may be just me ;-) —
but even then, the menu is not focused: the menu bar is shown, but
it's not given focus.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--