Re: GTK+ accessibility

On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 13:12:22 +0100
Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:

Hi;

you probably want to contact the gnome-accessibility team, on
gnome-accessibility-list gnome org

On 15 July 2015 at 12:55, Miroslav Rajcic <miroslav rajcic inet hr> wrote:

I've checked other programs and it seems that:
1. Windows native programs (see Notepad for example) obey this behavior,
pressing Alt does select menu bar item
2. created basic GTK program with menu bar, this behavior is not obeyed (see
test source code below)
    I've played with different GTK settings like "gtk-auto-mnemonics" and
"gtk-enable-mnemonics", but no help.

These are for mnemonics to appear, when you press Alt or at all,
respectively. The settings do not control focus.

My question:
- am I missing some setting here ?
- is this unsupported?

This is largely something that only Windows does — I cannot reproduce
it on my Linux machine with any toolkit (GTK2, GTK3, Qt, or the ad hoc
toolkits used by Firefox and LibreOffice).

Just a note, the default Qt widget style on Linux does have this behaviour
(and so does Firefox *if* the menu bar is hidden by default).

Cheers,
Bryan