Re: Ruler Class in GTK+ 3

This is really unfortunate, my application also has a ruler... GTK is really moving away from its users,
none. GtkRuler was deprecated in GTK+ 2.x and removed in GTK+ 3.x.
it's a*very*  niche widget, and most applications that use one in
their UI ended up having their own class.

my suggestion is to look at ruler widgets in GIMP and Inkscape.

if you want to draw your own, you can use a GtkDrawingArea subclass
with a custum draw() virtual function.

ciao,
  Emmanuele.